This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re error after installing cygwin64 18.104.22.168
- From: Robert May <tpibob at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 07:40:32 +1000
- Subject: Re error after installing cygwin64 22.214.171.124
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The choice of using usr/local/bin was the way to go according to the INSTALL instructions with most of the programs.
some use ./confire - make - make install
some use make make install
I think one used just make and one used Build.
If I remember the wording correctly "they say" copy your "package" "program" to the usr/local/bin foler and then in cycgwin use cd drive:/cygwin64/usr/local/bin and the use the followinf commands or script to install the package/program
htslib configure - make - make install ok
> samtools configure ok
> Robert@DESKTOP-14EL82S /usr/local/bin/samtools-1.3
Personal preference: in general "/usr/local/bin" is not the place
that I will use as build area.
> $ ./configure
can you please clarify what is your problem ?
I tried to build samtools-1.3 and it has at least two issue
for a porting to cygwin:
- on Makefile there is a -rdynamic that does not work on cygwin
- the package require expl and logl that are not yet available in cygwin
DNA Projects I2b L415, I2c L596 HG, Spriggs of Cleve SA Family & Tyler Surname and ISOGG YTree
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple