This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: snapshots (archive files) are too big ... Why?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 17:21:47 +0300
- Subject: Re: snapshots (archive files) are too big ... Why?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ed7dd3377a4cc1aa59001d627c7237ad at xs4all dot nl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> Just curious if there is a reason ...
> I was able to extract cygpath.exe from cygwin-inst-20160121.tar.xz
> in order to test your last modification to cygpath.cc. No problem here.
> However, when examining the contents of the archive, I was surprised to
> the SAME version of cygpath.exe at least three times ...
> The size of cygwin-inst-<date>.tar.xz (and cygwin-src-<date>.tar.xz) has
> (suddenly) by a factor of 3 or 4 since 2015-07-20 ...
> The same applies to winsup-src-<date>.tar.xz (since 2016-01-15) ...
> In all cases it is because the archive contains the SAME version of a
> file at
> least three times (as far as I can tell).
> To summarize: No, I am not reporting a problem here; I am just _curious_
> as to
> why these archive are so much bigger than they (apparently) need to be
But this is actually a problem.
All tools reporting from 3 to 5 entries of each file in the archive.
With best regards,
Saturday, January 23, 2016 17:17:59
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple