This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:05:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALiPeun3bCr9uNNA56Kc-8VbLXFXrTrTWJikdRx0jjRFvAuwkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160120T085800-407 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20160120T135441-652 at post dot gmane dot org> <87fuxsjd5x dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <loom dot 20160120T215934-785 at post dot gmane dot org> <87k2n290bh dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CALiPeuk2KE9B81qU-YZhTYUXgQEFiE4TTxm_-kFnORMH+wON+Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160122T080836-250 at post dot gmane dot org>
On 1/22/2016 2:13 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Lee <mailtolky <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Sorry not sure what you mean.
> What I mean is this: are all the Windows versions that Cygwin supports
> looking for the hosts and other files in
> or are there some versions, situations or configurations where it looks for
> those files in a different place?
I've not seen any plans to change it.
> That the postinstall for base-files has worked until 2.4.0 seems to indicate
> that the place is always the same, but the absence of a bug report is not
> the same as positive confirmation.
I haven't tried that version as yet.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple