This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin setup with HTTPS package mirror
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: "Brian J. Krische" <bkrische at ra dot rockwell dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:42:20 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin setup with HTTPS package mirror
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BL2PR08MB291187C70032B13B0F2FC9980C40 at BL2PR08MB291 dot namprd08 dot prod dot outlook dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Brian J. Krische!
> I'm using a local LAN server to act as a cache of a cygwin package mirror.
> I'm trying to have the Cygwin setup application use this local server
> instead of one of the public mirrors. However, I'm having a bit of a
> problem. It appears the cygwin setup application can't use HTTPS to connect
> to this local server. I even ran wireshark while the cygwin setup was
> running, and I didn't even see any attempts for the setup to connect to the
> server. The setup application iterated through the various package list
> files and errored out saying it couldn't download them.
> Is the cygwin setup application capable of using HTTPS to connect to a package server?
I think, the answer would be "SHTDI"…
With best regards,
Friday, January 22, 2016 21:41:05
Sorry for my terrible english...