This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 10:23:45 +0300
- Subject: Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALiPeun3bCr9uNNA56Kc-8VbLXFXrTrTWJikdRx0jjRFvAuwkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160120T085800-407 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20160120T135441-652 at post dot gmane dot org> <87fuxsjd5x dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <loom dot 20160120T215934-785 at post dot gmane dot org> <87k2n290bh dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CALiPeuk2KE9B81qU-YZhTYUXgQEFiE4TTxm_-kFnORMH+wON+Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160122T080836-250 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Achim Gratz!
>> Sorry not sure what you mean.
> What I mean is this: are all the Windows versions that Cygwin supports
> looking for the hosts and other files in
> or are there some versions, situations or configurations where it looks for
> those files in a different place?
Been that same place since NT4 at least, for all that I recall.
Not the same for '9x family, but we're long past that point, I hope.
> That the postinstall for base-files has worked until 2.4.0 seems to indicate
> that the place is always the same, but the absence of a bug report is not
> the same as positive confirmation.
With best regards,
Friday, January 22, 2016 10:22:02
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple