This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Performance of "ls -F"
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 07:30:06 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Performance of "ls -F"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20160121T163405-489 at post dot gmane dot org> <CAH5rLZVWiGz2n-3Ru-C0_5KU-Cc4NipJPn1NQVphN2UetUK4iA at mail dot gmail dot com> <3a9ff6ec2d5e4e64a96a8f8e31d12f22 at ntmaexbe04 dot bedford dot progress dot com>
Bill Smith <bsmith <at> progress.com> writes:
> The difference is 1.3 seconds versus 1 minute 7 seconds. The directory is
identical on the two NetApps and
> they both contain ~29K files. C-dot (Cluster Data On Tap) is the newest
operating system for the NetApp. It
> also supports the newer SMB protocols.
> I also tried the experiment with MKS Toolkit 8.6 and in both cases, it
takes around .1 seconds.
Could you please show the result for running /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo on the
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple