This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 07:13:19 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALiPeun3bCr9uNNA56Kc-8VbLXFXrTrTWJikdRx0jjRFvAuwkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160120T085800-407 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20160120T135441-652 at post dot gmane dot org> <87fuxsjd5x dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <loom dot 20160120T215934-785 at post dot gmane dot org> <87k2n290bh dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CALiPeuk2KE9B81qU-YZhTYUXgQEFiE4TTxm_-kFnORMH+wON+Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
David Lee <mailtolky <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry not sure what you mean.
What I mean is this: are all the Windows versions that Cygwin supports
looking for the hosts and other files in
or are there some versions, situations or configurations where it looks for
those files in a different place?
That the postinstall for base-files has worked until 2.4.0 seems to indicate
that the place is always the same, but the absence of a bug report is not
the same as positive confirmation.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple