This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
umask not honored?
- From: K Stahl <kdstahl at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:40:08 -0500
- Subject: umask not honored?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Created a new directory in my home directory with the following: mkdir test
created an empty file in this directory with: touch test/empty
When I list the contents of this path I get the following:
$ ls -Al test
--w-rw----+ 1 kdstah GROUP_CHANGED 0 Jan 21 16:35 empty
My umask is set to 0022
My home directory has the following permissions: 750 (use ssh)
/etc/fstab is configured with:
none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
If I create the same file within any existing directory, the umask is honored.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple