This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New cygwin install hanging on postinstall
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:56:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: New cygwin install hanging on postinstall
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2250BAE63C at CAFRFD1MSGUSRJH dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <CANnLRdi5sqTnOmen7oufLFJEi+wZX4BuGpfD58Wf8i7=NfEt9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2250BB0354 at CAFRFD1MSGUSRJH dot ITServices dot sbc dot com>
On 1/21/2016 12:40 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
On 20 January 2016 at 17:06, KARR, DAVID <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I was installing cygwin for the first time on a Win7-32bit box.
It is hanging in postinstall, with "0/Perpetual" and
"/etc/postinstall/0p_texlive_prep.dash. I've tried this twice now,
and it hangs effectively forever on this step (waited 15-20 minutes
each time). What other information could I provide? I looked at
the end of the setup.log file, but that just indicates that
installation was complete.
While it's sitting here, I dumped out "/var/log/setup.log.full". Here is the end of the file:
The following DLLs couldn't be rebased because they were in use:
There's your problem. There were Cygwin processes running when you did
the most recent install, so the _autorebase script couldn't do its job.
You need to do a full rebase before trying again. See the instructions in
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple