This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 20:53:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALiPeun3bCr9uNNA56Kc-8VbLXFXrTrTWJikdRx0jjRFvAuwkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160120T085800-407 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20160120T135441-652 at post dot gmane dot org> <87fuxsjd5x dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <loom dot 20160120T215934-785 at post dot gmane dot org>
> Yes, your proposal will work ... BECAUSE in that specific case, redirection
> will be switched OFF (hey, study the URL that I posted).
Yes, I've read that. What goes still unanswered is if that's the only
place Windows ever looks for those files. I guess yes, but I can't find
no positive confirmation.
> Btw, Microsoft thinks the "SysNative nonsense" a necessity; it even patched
> XP in order to introduce that nonsense ...
I'm sure they think that and there's probably a PowerPoint with lots of
bullet points that says so. But I've yet to meet anyone who thinks it
was a bright idea after running into it unexpectedly. If anything, MS
themselves couldn't make it work without those exceptions whose
documentation is not easy to find.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple