This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New cygwin install hanging on postinstall
- From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:18:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: New cygwin install hanging on postinstall
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2250BAE63C at CAFRFD1MSGUSRJH dot ITServices dot sbc dot com>
On 20 January 2016 at 17:06, KARR, DAVID <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I was installing cygwin for the first time on a Win7-32bit box. It is hanging in postinstall, with "0/Perpetual" and "/etc/postinstall/0p_texlive_prep.dash. I've tried this twice now, and it hangs effectively forever on this step (waited 15-20 minutes each time). What other information could I provide? I looked at the end of the setup.log file, but that just indicates that installation was complete.
How much memory does this system have? I know that TexLive is a real
memory hog these days in certain parts.. Does removing TexLive from
your install list go past this?
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Stephen J Smoogen.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple