This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 16:45:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569E92D1 dot 9030506 at cornell dot edu> <641659872 dot 6133623 dot 1453246485856 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <569EE230 dot 2060600 at cornell dot edu> <158550468 dot 20160120121946 at yandex dot ru>
On 1/20/2016 4:19 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> I think it would be easier to just set Cygwin to use $USERPROFILE as $HOME.
> Then $HOME would be a POSIX path you can use in the emacs config.
You can do that before you start Cygwin or even in the /etc/profile.d
scripts. But I agree that $USERPROFILE should remain in Windows format.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple