This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- From: Henri <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:56:58 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALiPeun3bCr9uNNA56Kc-8VbLXFXrTrTWJikdRx0jjRFvAuwkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160120T085800-407 at post dot gmane dot org>
Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> NexGo.DE> writes:
> David Lee <mailtolky <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > >> WINETC="$(/usr/bin/cygpath -S -u)/drivers/etc"
> It's been looking for that for quite some time IIRC. That indeed should
> likely be
> WINETC="$(/usr/bin/cygpath -W -u)/System32/drivers/etc"
> although I've yet to find an official MS document that says so. I'd
> appreciate if someone could point that out to me, I'll update the base-files
> package in the next few days.
... an attempt by Microsoft to explain the mess ...
Better Google: SysNative etc
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple