This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:40:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569AA38E dot 7040205 at cornell dot edu> <54233810 dot 5967218 dot 1453230386996 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
On 1/19/2016 2:06 PM, Richard Heintze wrote:
Unfortunately, the following file name (for example) works with fsf emacs and not Cygwin emacs-w32:
Even some bash commands accept this but emacs-w32 does not.
I use these environment variables extensively to facilitate moving between different windows logins.
Using environment variables isn't the problem. The problem is that
$USERPROFILE is a native Win32 path. To use it in Cygwin emacs, convert
it to a Posix path. For example:
$ echo $USERPROFILE
$ cygpath -u $USERPROFILE
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple