This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin 1.7
- From: Mike DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 08:51:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BF5774E57FBE9A4F8322F10FF1B089E41B956B62 at DA01DAG2MB1 dot DIR dot AD dot DLA dot MIL>
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Agyeman, Stephen O DLA CTR
Information Operations <Stephen.Agyeman.firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Good morning,
> I hope all is well with you. May you please send me the software for Cygwin 1.7 and or send me the link to download it as I do not see in on Cygwin's main site anymore. Thanks much in advance.
Cygwin is both a DLL (versioned like "1.7") and a distribution of
packages, which each have their own versions.
And Cygwin, like some Linux distros, is effectively "rolling release."
If you wish to download the old DLL + the old packages, you can obtain
them both with the "Cygwin time machine."
Note that you cannot install current packages on top of the 1.7 DLL.
They will fail to launch. The DLL must be from the same timeframe, or
newer, than the packages.
However, many packages from the 1.7 era will have unpatched vulnerabilities.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
- Cygwin 1.7
- From: Agyeman, Stephen O DLA CTR Information Operations