This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Taking a very long time to run /etc/postinstall/texlive-dollection-context.sh
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 17:45:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: Taking a very long time to run /etc/postinstall/texlive-dollection-context.sh
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADex0xz2fs6P=Eu52-ykXorNJ1cLep=t-4sV5XQqGxy8s9CB6Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 1/18/2016 4:06 PM, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
Taking a very long time to run /etc/postinstall/texlive-dollection-context.sh
How long should it take? I've had to terminate it prior to completion
a couple of times because I had to logout of the machine (Windows 2008
Standard server). The longest I had it run was about 18 hours.
It should take less than a minute. Here's what the script does:
/usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --enablefmt cont-en/pdftex
/usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --enablefmt cont-en/xetex
/usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-en
Can you run those commands manually and see what the problem is?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple