This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- From: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 19:38:59 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Any progress on "Fork issues ith long command lines and long $PATH"?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1452453272 dot 4723872 dot 1452908121695 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com> <1452453272 dot 4723872 dot 1452908121695 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: Richard Heintze <sieg_heintze at yahoo dot com>
On Friday, January 15, 2016 5:35 PM, Richard Heintze <email@example.com> wrote:
I'm getting similar errors (see link below) but only on Windows 10 with Cygwin 64. When I use Cygwin emacs instead of FSF emacs I do not get this error on Windows 10.
Unfortunately, Cygwin emacs does not allow me to make extensive use of my my environment variables embedded in file path/names like the windows version of FSF emacs does. This is a major problem!
I do not get this error with windows 8 and Cygwin32.
Do you think installing cygwin32 on Windows 10 would solve the problem? If it does not solve the problem, can I uninstalling cygwin32 by just deleting c\:Cygwin?
Has this been reported as a bug? Has any progress been made on fixing it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple