This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin.ico & Cygwin-Terminal.ico cannot be deleted
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 16:17:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin.ico & Cygwin-Terminal.ico cannot be deleted
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20160114T084830-91 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 1/14/2016 3:24 AM, Ming wrote:
After installed cygwin, I tried to delete the whole directory "cygwin",
everything can be deleted, however Cygwin.ico & Cygwin-Terminal.ico will be
After reboot the server, I can delete the directory without problem.
However, anyone know why? And how to delete the directory without reboot?
Windows won't allow you to delete files that are opened without appropriate
sharing flags. Many apps don't set those flags appropriately. There are
tools to help you find the apps that have handles open to files you cannot
delete. Two I know of are:
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple