This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows XP Support
- From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 15:26:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: Windows XP Support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56924AB1 dot 1070903 at gmx dot de> <5692DBF5 dot 3040100 at comcast dot net> <5692EEA8 dot 4000703 at gmail dot com> <CACoZoo2nLSGtobnr-CMJBFkHzQou0RGGf5Hhgj9TLwD9Vr4rqw at mail dot gmail dot com> <569409B4 dot 3040501 at gmail dot com>
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM, cyg Simple wrote:
> Arguments like this is the reason I had to spend years searching through
> COBOL code for 2 digit years. Old habits seem hard to die. Either
> upgrade or forever pay the penalty yourself to keep the old code running.
Actually I agree wholeheartedly, which is why I I'll make my own
frozen mirror, and deal with whatever happens after that myself.
Since these environments are frozen and isolated, I have not had any
problems. This is also something I only do for my own personal
environments; I won't consider it for public production.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple