This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows XP Support
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:44:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: Windows XP Support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56924AB1 dot 1070903 at gmx dot de>
On Jan 10, 2016, at 5:12 AM, Herbert Stocker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> WinXP is still a good OS.
That was only true while Microsoft was maintaining it. Now there are many known security vulnerabilities which will never be patched.
I expect there are other problems with it, too, like incorrect time zone support in parts of the world that have changed their time zone rules since the discontinuation of support.
> Especially for virtual machines, because of its low memory foot print.
No argument, but memory and disk usage canât be the primary concern. If thatâs all weâre concerned with, weâd still be running Windows NT 3.51.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple