This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows XP Support
- From: wilson <wilson at ds dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:38:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Windows XP Support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56924AB1 dot 1070903 at gmx dot de> <20160111115221 dot GC32610 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Jan 10 13:12, Herbert Stocker wrote:
Hi, i have read that beginning this month Cygwin wants to drop support
for Windows XP. Though the home page and FAQ entry 12 do not talk
about this. Are they out of date or is WinXP still supported?
So far, nothing has changed, XP is still supported. I intend to pull
the plug at one point this year, but it also depends on how much time I
have. Continuing support for XP and Server 2003 is really becoming a
The Cygwin support for XP is very much appreciated as the latest Windows
releases are not really ready for prime time office work yet. Windows
10 is making some headway in this respect.
I'd like to say a sincere thank you to Corina (and the rest of the team)
for supporting XP for this long, and I hope she stays so busy the issue
of removing XP support never becomes a priority. :)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple