This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Windows XP Support
- From: Herbert Stocker <hersto at gmx dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:12:33 +0100
- Subject: Windows XP Support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
i have read that beginning this month Cygwin wants to drop support
for Windows XP. Though the home page and FAQ entry 12 do not talk
about this. Are they out of date or is WinXP still supported?
Although there are better OSes now, WinXP is still a good OS.
Especially for virtual machines, because of its low memory foot print.
Only just 220 MiB for the OS!
So while i feel it's not fair to beg you to go through all the
complexities of still supporting it, i want to ask:
- If there is no support anymore for Win XP (SP3), is there a reposi-
tory around, where one can download the last version of Cygwin that
supported WinXP (SP3)?
- If not, how can i do it by myself? Will i have to create a mirror
and not update it? Or would i have to download the current version
Thank you very much for the great work.
Cygwin makes Windows complete if you ask me.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple