This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: Frank Esposito <fpesposito at gmail dot com>, cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 23:10:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: emacs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFqEa-BLW4Kp7aLS+rR3VwBJ0F9cY5DvCx9MjOX5aqNWeqS3xA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 1/5/2016 10:54 PM, Frank Esposito wrote:
I am having an problem starting emacs within cygwin/bash --
I am getting this message
C:/CYGWIN/bin/emacs-X11.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Is there a way I can debug the startup of emacs to see what is
missing? env vars?
I would see what ldd tells you when run on the emacs-X11.exe file.
In my setup there are no environment variables related to cygwin,
yet I can start programs like xemacs (not the same as emacs-X11,
Also, I am not sure, but maybe this is relevant:
Regards -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple