This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: SSHD not connecting from outside(real) IP
- From: JoÃo Paulo <joaoptc at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 16:24:22 -0200
- Subject: Re: Fwd: SSHD not connecting from outside(real) IP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <568AA766 dot 7010101 at gmail dot com> <568AAE97 dot 9030005 at gmail dot com> <568AED8C dot 5050701 at gmail dot com> <568B196D dot 5090501 at gmail dot com>
thanks a lot for all the tips.
Ended up being a firewall issue on my modem.
I could connect from a machine on US (I am in Brazil) from work, and no
were else. I started to map the incoming ports on the router and notice
that it was actually not reaching the router. That lead me to conclude
the problem was on the modem. I call the ISP, they told me they do not
block anything (afffffffffffffffffff hate those guys so much !!!!!!!)
and if I need any assistance on that matter, I had to call the
manufacture of the modem. I tried that already, but the firmware is
modified by ISP. This is a ridiculous situation ! I end up finding a
team that has created a modified version of the modem that provides
access to the firewall interface. Just select default rule to accept and
voila ! Seems the ISP is really not blocking, but this is a hell of a
crappy FW !
Now I can connect to my server by my phone, and from the remote
locations I have access. I really can't connect on the server from any
LAN machine using my WAN IP. I could not understand why of that.
Anyhow, thanks a lot for all the tips and troubleshooting steps. That
lead me to a resolution !
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple