This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Pipes Again -- a simple test case
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 09:52:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: Pipes Again -- a simple test case
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0aebd09993901f3ef3ff728d162952cd at xs4all dot nl>
On 04/01/2016 09:03, Houder wrote:
I have been looking for an STC to show why cmp fails on Cygwin (and to
difference between Cygwin and Linux).
The STC below creates a pipe (pipe() is used), followed by calls to
stat() for both the read end and the write end of the pipe.
(I also tested with popen()/pclose(): same result)
Btw, I am using W7 prof.; Cygwin-32 and Cygwin-64; 2.3.1 and 2.4.0
The code for the STC is basically as follows:
in general a STC should be complete and attached as file.
I know where you took errExit and displayStatInfo, but
it is anyway a extra effort time consuming for the others.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple