Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.4.0-0.10

Hi
- A new mount type "usertemp" has been introduced, which allows to mount
   a POSIX directory to the Windows per-user temporary directory:

     none /tmp usertemp binary,posix=0 0 0
That's a nice feature. I wonder, though, how the ordinary user, or the user with Linux/Unix background, would become aware of even the existence of that feature (so not necessarily studying the documentation).
I would suggest to add a commented line to /etc/fstab which documents it.

Based on similar consideration, by the way, I am not happy with the disappearance of /etc/passwd and /etc/groups altogether. Last time I looked on SunOS, there were at least dummy files with two comment lines giving a hint on how this would be configured in a network.

Kind regards,
Thomas