This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
fork issue when lauching cygwin64 process from 32bit native app on Windows 10 TH2
- From: nu774 <honeycomb77 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 19:27:58 +0900
- Subject: fork issue when lauching cygwin64 process from 32bit native app on Windows 10 TH2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
After upgrading to Windows 10 TH2 (ver 1511, build 10586), any attempt
to launch a cygwin64 process from 32bit native app (for example,
C:\windows\syswow64\cmd.exe) *always* results in a fork error.
To be precise, I can execute 64bit bash.exe from 32bit cmd.exe.
However, this bash process never succeeds in forking a child (ls or
Also, I cannot launch 64bit mintty.exe from 32bit cmd.exe. It always
fails in a error dialog saying that:
mintty: could not detach from caller
Try '--help' for more information.
When launching from 64bit app, this issue doesn't happen.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple