This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How to run xinit without first entering a cygwin terminal
- From: Xuehan Xu <xxhdx1985126 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 14:25:28 +0800
- Subject: How to run xinit without first entering a cygwin terminal
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm trying to run xinit.exe to start a GUI program in a windows cmd
prompt. The command I run:
"c:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c /usr/bin/xinit.exe
/home/Administrator/rdesktop.exe -f 192.168.1.79
But, it seems that rdesktop.exe isn't running, the window was just
showing a terminal prompt.
I also tried to run startx script through command like the following:
"c:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c /usr/bin/startx"
But the X window cannot start, it failed after prompting several error box.
What should I do? Thanks:-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple