This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: initial cygwin installation
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Duncan Roe <duncan_roe at acslink dot net dot au>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 05:49:14 +0300
- Subject: Re: initial cygwin installation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <D91D46EA-68F6-4F59-A239-2E1DE17AD222 at etr-usa dot com> <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702E93E7A0 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <6C4CE5F3-4754-4BBD-BCF2-E45EB42D70A1 at etr-usa dot com> <20151028203840 dot GA2663 at dimstar dot local dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Duncan Roe!
> As it happens, I also saw that message last night. I only wanted to *reinstall*
> everything I had installed previously, owing to AVG antivirus having deleted I
> don't know what.
> I configured AVG to never look at C:\cygwin64 in future but was that the best I
> could have done?
That's going to be the worst.
Solution is to run `cygcheck --check-setup` and manually select any packages
reported incomplete for reinstall.
Would also go a lot faster.
With best regards,
Thursday, October 29, 2015 05:39:39
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple