This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Win10: C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe: *** fatal error - NtCreateEvent(lock)
- From: Nick Gnedin <ngnedin at hotmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:37:11 -0500
- Subject: RE: Win10: C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe: *** fatal error - NtCreateEvent(lock)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <COL126-W4840507EBBC3D83CFD9DC5AE240 at phx dot gbl>,<20151026105002 dot GE31990 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
This fixes the problem, thank you.
> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:50:02 +0100
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: Win10: C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe: *** fatal error - NtCreateEvent(lock)
> On Oct 25 08:48, Nick Gnedin wrote:
>> I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now my 32 bit Cygwin ssh crashes with this error:
>> ~>ssh -vv firstname.lastname@example.org
>> OpenSSH_7.1p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015
>> debug1: Reading configuration data /home/Home/.ssh/config
>> debug1: /home/Home/.ssh/config line 3: Applying options for *
>> debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
>> debug1: Connecting to fulla.fnal.gov [18.104.22.168] port 22.
>> debug1: Connection established.
>> debug1: Authentications that can continue: gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,keyboard-interactive
>> debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
>> 2 [main] ssh 4996 C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe: *** fatal error - NtCreateEvent(lock): 0xC0000058
>> I searched the web and Cygwin archive, and found no solution.
> This seems closely related to a Cygwin bug which has been fixed in
> September, but hasn't been release yet. Can you please try the latest
> developer snapshot from https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ and report if that
> fixes the above message?
> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat