This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why package cache is not used during setup download?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Aleksey Midenkov <midenok at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:00:18 +0300
- Subject: Re: Why package cache is not used during setup download?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF8BazAy7x2Nxeb6P=ns7=Dy5ENzd=Cg0oKxJjDtBg0JzGjM-g at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Aleksey Midenkov!
> Cygwin setup process my turn to endless retry-error on bad internet
> channels, because:
> 1. setup doesn't know how to retry download (why it fails to download anyway?);
Because your internet is bad?
> 2. setup doesn't use cache of previously downloaded files and always
> redownload all packages from the beginning.
It do use cache, if checksum is correct.
> How possible I may overcome this situation?
Fix your internet, or download packages where it is better.
If you want partial download support in setup - patches are welcome, I'm sure.
With best regards,
Sunday, October 25, 2015 16:58:07
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple