This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Best way to 256 color support on Vim+Tmux+Mintty when toggling light/dark background
- From: kuaf <kuaf dot lee at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 17:16:45 +0800
- Subject: Best way to 256 color support on Vim+Tmux+Mintty when toggling light/dark background
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I want a perfect Vim edit environment based on Pencil theme .
Toggle light/dark background without Tmux, it looked well.
The configuration involved:
- .bashrc, add custom Pencil theme by way of `echo -ne ...`
- .bashrc, `export TERM=xterm-256color`
- .vimrc, add
Even there's no problem when toggling the light/dark background.
However, toggling background looks horrible if under Tmux session,
with additional .tmux.conf that had:
set -g default-terminal "xterm-256color"
I didn't use `set -g default-terminal "screen-256color"` because it
buggy the color render.
I am expecting who had a perfect solution for the problem?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple