Re: setup.exe a mystery

On 10/22/2015 6:28 AM, Tom Axehult wrote:
I lost bash weeks ago and hence cygwin which I used to start from Cywin.bat as
administrator, by the well known
bash --login -i
For reasons beyond me, I can run Xemacs and reach bash functionality from
(Tools/shell command) and thus produce cygcheck.
Using setup for updating Cygwin a warning is issued:
Package: _/_update-info-dir
     update-info-dir.sh exit code -6
Package: _/Unknown package
     cygutils.sh exit code -6
     dejavu-fonts.sh exit code -6
     hicolor-icon-theme.sh exit code -6
     libtirpc.sh exit code -6
     texlive-collection-basic.sh exit code -6
     texlive-collection-latex.sh exit code -6
     texlive-collection-mathextra.sh exit code -6
     WindowMaker.sh exit code -6
     xfig.sh exit code -6
     xinit.sh exit code -6
     xorg-server.sh exit code -6
     xorg-x11-fonts-Type1.sh exit code -6
     xpdf.sh exit code -6

Without bash, the postinstall scripts can't run.

In the attached cygcheck the setup failure turns up as 'incomplete' installations.

I suggest that you start by running setup and reinstalling all the packages that show as incomplete. Be sure to use the latest setup; a new version was just made available a few days ago.

Ken