This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 19:47:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACoLpU-VJqaNv5VQo0sYfDkVLfK5wDw+Usvg29QsAS6M7BwitQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Robert Pace writes:
> I did install an older version of Cygwin which I had downloaded back
> in January 2015 without issue. Indicating that there is an issue with
> the latest cygwin setup application.
I think it's now fixed and sorry for the trouble.
The signature check has been changed to not complain about a missing
signature file when installing from a local directory for the moment.
This may be changed again if and when the "download only" mode gets
smart enough to actually download the signature and ini file from the
The other bug was showing up only for multi-mirror hierarchies (with any
number of mirror directories present, including a single one). In this
situation setup would fail to verify the packages (unless you switched
that verification off with "-m") and hence you wouldn't be able to
install any new packages.
Until a new version makes it's way to the official site, you can try the
bugfixed setup.exe I've compiled locally:
wget="wget -rxnH --cut-dirs=1 http://cygwin.stromeko.net";
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple