This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 19:06:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: Error Installing Cygwin (setup-x86_64.exe & setup-x86) - No setup.ini.sig found.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACoLpU-VJqaNv5VQo0sYfDkVLfK5wDw+Usvg29QsAS6M7BwitQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <8737xawn6j dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56216C25 dot 6090104 at cornell dot edu> <878u72eyy2 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <56223B5E dot 50309 at cornell dot edu> <562258EA dot 8080505 at cornell dot edu>
Ken Brown writes:
>> I maintain my own small repository at a remote site and mirror it on my local
>> machine. It contains, for each architecture, setup.ini, setup.xz, and
>> setup.xz.sig. Installation from the remote site works fine. If I try to
>> install from my local mirror, setup complains that it can't find setup.ini.sig.
>> I can install from the local mirror only if I add setup.ini.sig.
I install also from a local mirror, not signed ini files (yet) and I
haven't had any problems. I happen to have installed a new machine just
this week so I know this also works OK. If there is a setup.xz,
setup.ini shouldn't even be looked at and consequently no setup.ini.xz
file should be required.
> And even then, setup doesn't seem to work right on the local mirror.
> The only choices it gives me on the local packages are "Keep" and
That would indicate it hasn't actually found any packages in whatever it
used as setup.ini. What's your directory layout? I can't make any
sense of what's happening for you. Your local mirror should look like:
and setup should be pointed at "mirror".
I've just went through a whole battery of testing setup in both local
mirror mode, both using my usual scripts and via a shortcut to add an
"-mX" option to the invocation. Leaving out the "-X" has setup complain
about the missing signature as intended. Everything else works
correctly for me.
For download-only mode, setup doesn't write the signature file to disk,
so that will have to be corrected.
Oh and another thing: I always compile my own setup.exe, so if you can
do that to see if it makes a difference for you?
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple