This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin man does not recognise PerlRE ?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 03:17:53 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin man does not recognise PerlRE ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <19032584 dot 20151016193336 at yandex dot ru> <1445019484 dot 12068 dot 6 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Yaakov Selkowitz!
>> It was bugging me for quite some time now. I don't like POSIX RE - they are
>> cumbersome and unwieldy.
>> Is there a possibility to build man for Cygwin with PerlRE support?
> Presumably that would come via PCRE, which man-db does not currently
> support. Perhaps PTC upstream.
All my Linux boxes recognize PerlRE in man. >.<
Given, they are all Debian based... And most of them are Ubuntu. I don't know
how it is widespread.
With best regards,
Saturday, October 17, 2015 03:16:53
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple