This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: gimp-2.8.14-2
- From: Doug Lewan <dougl at shubertticketing dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 20:27:02 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: gimp-2.8.14-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 1444930471 dot 14968 dot 72 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <155DEC68569B714B86C2C7075F5EDA98C1FDAE84 at DAKIYA1 dot pegasus dot local> <1445008303 dot 12068 dot 2 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <57435954 dot 20151016184333 at yandex dot ru>
I tried Evolution, but it wasn't obvious how to get it going and I wasn't patient. It also loaded lots of extra stuff, including gamin which runs gam_server (IIRC) like a service. It was eating CPU on occasion, and I couldn't figure out how to stop it, and that made updating CYGWIN difficult if not impossible.
However, you're inspiring me to go back and see if I can find anything like a HOWTO for Evolution.
Nonfirstorderizability. It's a thing.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On
> Behalf Of Andrey Repin
> Sent: Friday, 2015 October 16 11:44
> To: Yaakov Selkowitz; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: gimp-2.8.14-2
> Greetings, Yaakov Selkowitz!
> >> In the world of windows I use only Outlook (frequently) and The Gimp
> >> Having The Gimp under CYGWIN remove all the tiny bits of clumsiness
> that I have now.
> And introduce a new clumsiness in requiring to run X server.
> Sorry, but I prefer native GIMP.
> >> (Now to go to work on Outlook.)
> > I already did; it's called 'evolution', which I use on a daily basis
> > both mail and calendaring.
> Doesn't trump The Bat!â
> With best regards,
> Andrey Repin
> Friday, October 16, 2015 18:42:19
> Sorry for my terrible english...