This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git gui: assertion "font != NULL" failed
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:29:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: git gui: assertion "font != NULL" failed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <92e694ca84454eb1af326664492c05c7 at XCH-RCD-019 dot cisco dot com>
On Fri, 2015-10-16 at 17:09 +0000, Matt Seitz (matseitz) wrote:
> A few days ago, I ran Setup to update my currently installed package, including my git packages. Since then, whenever I run git gui, I get the following error:
> $ git gui
> assertion "font != NULL" failed: file "/usr/src/ports/fontconfig/fontconfig-2.11.1-3.x86_64/src/fontconfig-2.11.1/src/fcmatch.c", line 453, function: FcFontRenderPrepare
> error: git-gui died of signal 6
> cygcheck and xwin logs attached
You don't have any Fontconfig-controlled fonts installed on your system.
On mine, the default seems to be dejavu-fonts, so try installing that,
although xorg-x11-fonts-Type1 might work as well.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple