This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Jemalloc under CYGWIN
- From: Yucong Sun <sunyucong at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 23:56:34 +0800
- Subject: Re: Jemalloc under CYGWIN
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJygYd2T9JSJCDT178F8mzmuA79MsBbWCLsr8eF7Aguxk_-YWQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Throught some frustrating and furious debugging I now understand the
core issue here. CYGWIN calls malloc provided by jemalloc during
initializations, which in turn calls pthreads functions, which in
turn uses malloc, which also uses pthreads, causing a deadlock.
Now, is there anyway to workaround this issue?
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Yucong Sun <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm trying to make jemalloc work with CYGWIN. and I've been meeting
> with a mysterious deadlock issue on startup (from CYGWIN's
> malloc-wrapper to jemalloc and pthread_mutex_lock get deadlock).
> Has anyone else tried this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple