This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to correctly rebase?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:52:42 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: How to correctly rebase?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <22046 dot 25592 dot 311399 dot 765933 at woitok dot gmail dot com> <8925F252-F479-4990-B568-1EC612DF39A5 at etr-usa dot com> <87si5dqmh9 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <9275354A-6BFA-4964-BA05-008441168922 at etr-usa dot com> <D9E8819C-DC93-4779-A8C8-FC557F48565F at etr-usa dot com> <D2D7AC62-B334-47DA-A24B-AA71F6CD6540 at etr-usa dot com>
Warren Young <wyml <at> etr-usa.com> writes:
> Well, RTFS for the win: setup/main.cc, line 290 purposely fails to
initialize the logger when itâs
> running with elevated permissions, as it will be when running under UAC.
Sure, but it then executes itself with the admin rights already applied and
the child process should initialize the logger.
> I can think of some weak reasons why that might be the case, but nothing
that convinces me that this is the
> right thing to do.
You'd otherwise be overwriting the log from the child process, I'd think.
But the two Logger calls on lines 333+334 shouldn't be there.
> Anyway, this has drifted off topic for this list. Anyone who cares enough
to take it further should move the
> discussion to the cygwin-apps list.
Please drop a note there.