This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[Attn: base-files maintainer] Changing /etc/profile to add more shell-dependent settings
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:52:56 +0100
- Subject: [Attn: base-files maintainer] Changing /etc/profile to add more shell-dependent settings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The /etc/defaults/etc/profile file in base-files has a section at the
end to import scripts in /etc/profile.d, but this currently only works
Can this section be expanded to make calls as appropriate for other
shells? I'm particularly interested in Fish and Bash, although I don't
see any reason to limit the change to those shells.
I care about this because I'm currently investigating packaging fzf.
The obvious way to include the shell-specific keyboard shortcuts for fzf
is to add them to /etc/profile.d, but currently that only works for
I'm happy to provide a patch if that'd make things easier.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple