This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc-core requires libvtv0?
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:42:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc-core requires libvtv0?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <64kp1b56so0fre6tnm6dqdeuct2o1ts915 at 4ax dot com> <loom dot 20151013T124055-290 at post dot gmane dot org> <561D1BC8 dot 6010507 at gmail dot com> <87h9luycmm dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 13/10/2015 18:08, Achim Gratz wrote:
cyg Simple writes:
On 10/13/2015 6:44 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
I guess we need to
enable different dependencies for "prev", "curr" and "test" in setup.ini.
I'm surprised that this hasn't occurred already because of this. Yes
the dependency tree needs to be needs to be cognizant of version of
dependencies as well as differing libraries.
Already happened all the time we have test versions that bump libs.
It is also one of the reason why going "prev" is not always possible.
It likely would have occured already if it was a simple patch to setup.
But it minimally needs changes to cygport, setup.hint, setup.ini and
upset as well, so here we are.
I agree. It is a really a substantial job and should include
moving from setup.hint to <package>-<version>.hint to correctly manage
As upset seems a big blob, I doubt we will have voluntaries to add that
portion. Plus of course we need to modify setup-<arch>.exe to correctly
manage the new setup.hint.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple