This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:49:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFLqW4O_tOf2Xw68gmajCa8NMNcPtQRiMa1vT6c7ETeVz5VP2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAOC2fq-tKvCnFW0LQGoX4aO9Z8iiE=bf=Xn27SJwQSGfEBNkAg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5613FCEB dot 30603 at cornell dot edu> <56140E93 dot 6060109 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <CAOC2fq-Dixr8zSE2yYPc5H2br4n7oxzAbz3hJAYN3ewMOc4dSA at mail dot gmail dot com> <561465AE dot 1080700 at cornell dot edu>
On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 20:22 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 10/6/2015 7:40 PM, Michael Enright wrote:
> > Good old setup_x86 fortuitously gave me the chance to see an error
> > message involving one of these symlinks. I reviewed the setup log and
> > read that apparently such a symlink was created as follows:
> > io_stream:mklink
> > (cygfile:///etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20 ->
> > cygfile:///usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi)
> > But there is no /etc/X11/fontpath.d directory on the system.
> > The man page doesn't say in explicit procedural terms what the end
> > user has to do to make fontpath.d exist and it doesn't seem to get
> > created by setup.
> That's because of the setup bug that I mentioned in
> https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-10/msg00065.html; the directory
> will get created by setup once the fixed version of setup is released.
This should be fixed by setup 2.872, released today.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple