This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Regression with gnu screen: Scrollbar gone between 4.02 and 4.03
- From: ht at inf dot ed dot ac dot uk (Henry S. Thompson)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 18:53:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: Regression with gnu screen: Scrollbar gone between 4.02 and 4.03
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f5bmvvz7uj6 dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <vfi51bd9ggusbcfumb7ohb6epam35jlgkl at 4ax dot com> <f5bvbalx8s3 dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <f5bbnccw34o dot fsf at troutbeck dot inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> <0opa1btu0oec4eilseq1q38cra5clnh12r at 4ax dot com>
Andrew Schulman writes:
>> >> Otherwise someone will need to do some bisection to find the commit
>> >> that introduced it.
So, bizarrely, here's what I have found.
The distributed screen 4.3 binary has the problem (no scrollbar, etc.)
The distributed screen 4.2 binary does not have the problem
Installing the 4.2 src package, running cygport and running the result
does not have the problem
Installing the 4.3 src package, running cygport and running the result
_does not have the problem_.
This despite the fact that (by chance, as you will see in a moment) the
distributed and locally-built 4.3 binaries are the same size.
But they are not in fact identical, and the visible differences, per
"strings", is as follows:
> diff -bw /tmp/os.strings /tmp/ns.strings
< Cannot find termcap entry for '%s'.
> Cannot find terminfo entry for '%s'.
This is at least _suggestive_ that your compilation environment and mine
are in some way different.
#define TERMINFO 1
occur in your build/config.h ?
Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: email@example.com
[mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple