This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how can I disable the warning about X11 forwarding
- From: Peter <fomember at freenet dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 22:16:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: how can I disable the warning about X11 forwarding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <dcce3c3876ff4fd0a63ce4d44b5b5a81 at DB4PR90MB0154 dot MGDPHG dot emi dot philips dot com> <56169E05 dot 7040703 at freenet dot de> <414002166 dot 20151008215622 at yandex dot ru>
On 08.10.2015 20:56, Andrey Repin wrote:
I want to allow some users to run an interactive program on my w2012
server via ssh.
The program is a console app so I do not need X forwarding.
Users are connecting via putty without an X server.
Alas they always get nagged with the
"WARNING: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding."
Is there a way to get rid of this message?
Tell them to not request X11 forwarding, and they won't be nagged by it.
I don't understand this answer.
The command is just ssh user@host when I get the warning.
If the command was ssh -X user@host or ssh -Y user@host it would be
clear to me.
So maybe there is some default in sshd_config that should be changed?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple