This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:26:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFLqW4O_tOf2Xw68gmajCa8NMNcPtQRiMa1vT6c7ETeVz5VP2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <821262354 dot 20151006175954 at yandex dot ru>
On 10/6/2015 10:59 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
I'm more puzzled by the file name, though. While colons are allowed in Windows
file names, they bear special meaning of referencing streams within a file.
And they can't be nested.
And Cygwin seems to be blissfully unaware of their existence.
No, Cygwin has a special way of handling colons in file names, so that
Windows doesn't see them as colons:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple