This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
konsole randomly freezes
- From: "Griff Miller II" <griff dot miller at oplink dot net>
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 08:53:35 -0500
- Subject: konsole randomly freezes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: reliabledns.org; auth=pass smtp dot auth=216 dot 230 dot 224 dot 98 at outbound dot oplink dot net
Hi. I use Cygwin/X on my Windows 7 system. I installed konsole because I
wanted a terminal window with tabs, and I'm already familiar with konsole,
being a longtime KDE user. In particular, I like konsole's placement of
the tabs on the bottom of the window.
I launch konsole from the X Applications tooltray icon, System Tools,
konsole. Then I ssh -Y to server A, from there to server B, then finally
to server C (it's necessary because of the way the network is set up - I
can't go directly to C from my Windows 7 system).
It all works fine initially; however, after a while (the length of time
varies), the konsole window freezes. I can't type into it, I can't switch
tabs, the menus don't work, etc. I can't even get rid of it (but I can
minimize it). Programs previously launched from the konsole window, e.g.
gvim, still respond.
Any ideas? It's interesting to note that the Cygwin Terminal and xterm
don't have this problem.
I reran the setup utility recently (this week) so I should have the latest
stuff, or something very close to it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple