This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: After cygwin update, all files are created with +x flag
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Michal Wysocki <mos dot wysocki at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 00:43:37 +0300
- Subject: Re: After cygwin update, all files are created with +x flag
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <10m9flagqmy3w$ dot 1dy4m4bn3fx8g dot dlg at 40tude dot net> <560FCE3D dot 8090503 at cornell dot edu> <uegsopoyhpf6$ dot 1h0kqhlu7wkur$ dot dlg at 40tude dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Michal Wysocki!
> But there is another catch. Using new cygwin, you can't really create
> folders that you intend to use in cygwin via windows explorer (which was
> never a problem). They will get ACL entries (inherited from top level
> folder C:\ for example) with +x rights, and cygwin will pass these
> additional entries to any file created inside that folder.
Correction: it was never working right. Now it works better. Even if not the
same way as before.
With best regards,
Sunday, October 4, 2015 00:42:29
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple