This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin issues with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 14:22:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin issues with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <560EC1DC dot 60308 at gmail dot com> <4FA9EFA0-408B-4B1D-80DC-557D123FE577 at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 10/2/2015 1:56 PM, Warren Young wrote:
On Oct 2, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Terry Garyet <email@example.com> wrote:
Windows 10 did auto-update (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)) yesterday. My sys auto rebooted this morning.
I just installed the same update, and Cygwin still works for me.
That looks like a problem that rebasing will fix:
The only mystery here is why the normal auto-rebase at the end of setup.exeâs run failed. Are you failing to report some errors you got from the postinst scripts?
setup would not have been run again -- some things in the OS changed behind cygwin's back.
I agree that a rebaseall, or failing that, a re-install (ugh) sounds likely to work.
Regards -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple