This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: ssh with password allows commands that fail with ssh via key
- From: "Blando, Frank (Helion Managed Engineering)" <frank dot blando at hpe dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 00:13:01 +0000
- Subject: RE: ssh with password allows commands that fail with ssh via key
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3FDF3C3C0433F04C8E22F9B8502B6837826D83FB at G9W0741 dot americas dot hpqcorp dot net> <1689112444 dot 20151002022631 at yandex dot ru>
Thanks you for the pointer. I hope I read this correctly (It is kind of overwhelming), and unfortunately, that does not appear to be it.
1 - Unlike the mentioned description, access to network share works fine either way (Example command that works either way "powershell -command get-childitem \\server\share") - I have enabled CredSSP and I this might be why.
2 - Using passwd -R to register the password did not make the problem go away (In the windows tradition I restarted the service and killed all sessions)
Your English beats my non-existent Russian!
From: Andrey Repin [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 5:27 PM
To: Blando, Frank (Helion Managed Engineering) <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com
Subject: Re: ssh with password allows commands that fail with ssh via key
Greetings, Blando, Frank (Helion Managed Engineering)!
> I suspect this is already answered somewhere, but my googling has not brought up an answer.
> CygWin with OpenSSH 6.6.1p1-3 on Windows 2012 R2. Using the domain
> administrator account as the target on Windows.
> When I ssh into Windows from Linux, if I use a password, "powershell
> -command get-cluster" works. If I use key (store in
> .ssh/authorized_keys), "powershell -command get-cluster" returns
> access denied. Simpler commands do not appear to make a distinction and work equally well with password or keys.
Please read the documentation. It is explicitly explained there in great detail.
With best regards,
Friday, October 2, 2015 02:24:20
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple